Okay, this story doesn't actually involve a flying monkey, but it might as well have.
My husband and I have officially been parents of twins for 1 month now, and while most of it has been much easier than we were anticipating, the level of sleep deprivation known only to new parents has hit us head on! To fully demonstrate, I bring you the conversation had at 3AM this morning as recorded by my very confused husband...
Things Michelle Said While High and Sleep Deprived
Her: (While handing over a baby) "Well, now that the zebra has lost his stripes who is going to want him?"
Me: What?
Her: Yes. He has no stripes so he needs fed. Good luck!
Me: So, he's hungry?
Her: Yes, look at him! You have to feed him now. How much did the other one eat?
Me: This much left (showing a couple of his fingers).
Her: I don't know what the stroller is!
Me: (Getting a bottle and starting to feed the baby)
Her: The thing I don't get is why we still have a stroller in the middle of the room!
Me: What?
Her: Why! Is there still a single stroller in the middle of the room! Where did it come from? Why did you give me this baby?
Me: I didn't. He was fussy so you picked him up.
Her: Wait, wait, who is this?
Me: Lucca
Her: So why are you awake? And the stroller is still in the...Wow...I think I'm drugged.
Me: Yes, you sound like you're high. But we still love you, even high...
No more ibuprofen before bedtime for me...or maybe even more...?

1 comments:
Oh, bless your heart! I know it's bad enough with sleep deprivation with just one newborn!! Good Luck. It doesn't last forever.
Post a Comment