I've been teasing you with a promised post on Christmas ornaments for a few weeks, and I promise I did start writing it today. But then I got an email about a job opening that would be so PERFECT for my husband and I got completely carried away and Christmas ornaments just don't sound that interesting anymore.
What's the job, you're asking? Well, I'm not going to tell you everything because he hasn't even filled out the application, but recently he told me what he really wanted to be doing was working in the great outdoors. He's always loved biking, hiking, skiing, and is crazy adventurous. This job would allow him to do all of those things plus a whole lot more...for a living.
What would the job mean for me? He'd be gone A LOT. It'd mean a summer of me and 4 kids figuring things out on our own. It could mean giving up our house and bumming couches from friends and family all summer instead of continuing our search for a bigger place we can all fit in. It could mean a lot of traveling to where he is, including a trip up the ALCAN Highway with my minivan, a 5-year-old, 2-year-old and 9 month old twins. It could mean saving a lot of money or turn into having absolutely no money. And most importantly, it would mean being so incredibly proud of my husband for giving up the security of a decent paycheck at a ho-hum job to do something that he really loves to do! It'd give me hope for my own dreams coming true in the future, too!
I'll let you know how it all turns out, but for now know that I have a HUGE grin on my face. And forgive me for not getting around to that very "settled down and domesticated" post I'd been promising...maybe in a few days when I come down off this high..
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Some changes are scary and risky, but it sounds like there could be a lot of good too. Hope you all get whatever is best for your family and are happy. :)
Yay!!! I hope it all works out the way you want it to. Stopping by to wish you a Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment