rss

Monday, January 30, 2012

Well, where did I go?

You might be thinking, "Gee, nice little break Michelle's taking in the middle of January."  I'm sure you're all just reeling from my lack of writing lately...right?  Doubtful.  But I did want to pop in today and give you a little update.

First, I went to Chicago for a week with two of my sisters and had a lot of fun, but also the stress of family relationship drama.  It drained me and I haven't felt like doing any deep thinking since I got back.

Second, I've been in the throes of morning sickness for a little over a week.  I really wish the term was not "morning" sickness, but rather, "You'll feel crappy when you wake up, crappy for all but about 1-hour during the day, and 10x more crappy at night before you go to bed" sickness.  Thank goodness for my most fabulous husband who has just let me lay around all day for basically 7 days.

Unfortunately, he left today for a week of work in California and it's back to acting like a grown-up instead of like my 4-year-old with the stomach flu.  With my mind focused on the basic skills of not regurgitating everything I eat, I might have a light presence here for awhile.  Or, then again, I might not.  We'll have to wait and see...

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Congrats on the pregnancy! I was terribly sick with both boys so I feel for you!

Ang said...

Congrats on the wee one! Try some herbal ginger root tea. It tastes best cold but saved many a day when I was pregnant. Also works good for stomach bugs in kids. Good luck!