2. All plastics (exception: the salad bowl coated in oil dressing from last night's dinner)
3. Silverware
The above three items can all go in the first load of bubbly water.
4. Plates and bowls of the non-plastic variety
5. Any mixing bowls, baking items, etc not completely covered in anything disgusting.
Anytime after beginning items #4 & #5 it is acceptable and necessary to evaluate the state of your bubbly water. Don't be stubborn or lazy-Drain and re-fill, the world is not going to end.
6. Any greasy plastics, disgusting items from #5-THIS is when you'd wash the butter dish, NOT with #1-3.
7. All your pans
Same instructions as with #4 & #5. Check your sponge or washcloth, too-rinsing isn't helping? Grab a new one!
I guarantee this is the proper order for washing dishes. Follow it and your clean dishes won't be sticky or covered in a slippery film. Follow it and I'll quit wondering how a family that grew up with a strict dish schedule neglected to learn how to properly clean the dishes they were scheduling. Follow it and I'll quit throwing half the "clean" dishes back into the sink without being used.
Oh, but, since I HATE doing dishes, thank you...carry on...

9 comments:
I am right there with you. It's the same thing with putting groceries on the conveyor belt -- they each have a place/section.
I'd never thought about the groceries, but you're absolutely right! My years as a grocery bagger definitely ingrained that into me.
I hate dishes too!
New blog follower! Come follow back and enter my great giveaways! http://www.peacelovepoop.com
What's wrong with being able to smear a drinking glass? Just kidding! I'm spoiled now. I have a dishwasher. I just throw (almost) everything in there. But, believe me, there's an order in there too. :) Thanks for stopping by the S&R hop again!
K, I literally don't think I've ever considered this... but I think it's how I do it naturally.
I should think about it more often. although we have a dishwasher now. :)
I haven't filled a sink to wash dishes in a very long time. Washing them on my mission changed how I do them. I have washed a lot of dishes by hand in the last ten years though. It's my least favorite job. I'd rather clean the bathroom.
I cannot tell you how I'm struggling with refraining from enlarging, printing, laminating and displaying this chronology above the sink for the less wise around these here parts.
Oh wait, when ever such individuals DO pick up a brush, I am in silent awe, and so grateful I don't care.
Except that I do wash half of what they "washed" again.
I HEAR YOU!
Amen. The proper order makes all the difference. I hate greasy plastics!
And, seriously, can they not tell the dish is dirty when they put it in the cupboard? I notice it's dirty as soon as I see it.
Thanks for the comment on my dish post.
Is this post not for an audience of one?
Post a Comment