My sister Kathy and I are three weeks into the curly hair challenge and having mixed results. We're definitely seeing more defined curls but we're still getting used to the greasier feel. I started alternating between a traditional gel and a spray-on gel depending on what time of day I wash my hair. If I'm going to be sleeping with wet hair the traditional gel works wells to hold the curl overnight. Otherwise, I'm using the spray gel because it makes the curls lighter. Either way, my curls are actually starting to bounce and I think that's pretty amazing!
One huge change I made this week was from drying my hair with a terry-cloth towel to drying it with a t-shirt. (I won't even be embarrassed to tell you that I'm usually not prepared enough to bring a clean t-shirt into the bathroom with me and end up using the t-shirt I just took off my body.) The benefit of the t-shirt's smooth surface is less frizz. And instead of twisting like I normally would on top of my head, I've switched to a method call "plopping." My kids look at me like I'm crazy, but it's really working!
The first half of this video gives a great visual of how to properly use your t-shirt to dry your hair
(sorry, the rest of the video is really boring...)
The part of the challenge we're still not okay with? The grease and gross at our roots and scalp. This week we're going to try a couple natural shampoo methods (a baking soda concoction and others). I'll be back next week to tell you all about it...

1 comments:
Well, that's interesting!
Post a Comment