I've looked and looked for an "X" topic that would make any sense for me to write about. There isn't anything. So, if you'll indulge my leap, today I'm going to write about X-stitching.
Cross-stitching is pretty much the only craft skill I learned as a child that I still know how to do. And now, for nearly 10 years, the only projects I've worked on are Christmas stockings for my nieces and nephews. In that time I've completed 7 and I have 3 in the works right now (sorry, sisters, only 2 will be ready by Christmas-want to draw straws to see who gets pushed back to next year?)


Of course, the irony in the time and effort I've put into these gifts for all my cute relatives? My own children have been using every-day white socks for their Christmas stockings since they were born...
Cross-stitching is pretty much the only craft skill I learned as a child that I still know how to do. And now, for nearly 10 years, the only projects I've worked on are Christmas stockings for my nieces and nephews. In that time I've completed 7 and I have 3 in the works right now (sorry, sisters, only 2 will be ready by Christmas-want to draw straws to see who gets pushed back to next year?)


Two of the finished ones


1 comments:
lol. X would be a hard one. my grandmother used to cross stitch and she made some of the most beautiful things. I still have a piece framed that she did for me. I, however, never got the knack for it, as much patience as she had, trying to teach me. I did learn how to knit, weave, and play dominos from her though.
AubrieAnne
http://whosyoureditor.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment