I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I joined the church nearly 10 years ago and have been grateful ever since. On a day to day basis, I'm most grateful for the comfort and reassurance I receive from the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that he sacrificed much in order to give us the knowledge we would need to return to live with our Heavenly Father, and that after all my efforts to live well have failed, that sacrifice allows me to try again another day.
My membership in the church has give me so many great opportunities to serve the people around me and to exercise humility in also being served. I've worked with and learned from the Primary age children, Sunday School classes and the sisters in the Relief Society. Indeed, I'm especially grateful for the Relief Society. As a teacher, I learn as much from studying and preparing my lessons as I do from the comments and experiences shared by the ladies I am teaching. I'm surrounded by women with pure hearts and regularly presented with opportunities to serve them in times of need. I've been the recipient of meals and unexpected letters of encouragement and love the opportunity to share that joy with others.
I believe the Book of Mormon is a book of Scripture that clarifies many of the teachings in the Bible. Reading it strengthens my testimony of Jesus Christ and the principles we need to learn during mortality. It helps me understand the united purpose and goal of the Godhead and I always feel uplifted after reading it. I believe prayer is our line of communication with the Father, and through the Scriptures we can receive our answers. I know that understanding what has been written will help me to receive my own personal revelations for the questions and problems I have everyday.
I believe in a Heavenly Father who loves and wants us to one day be reunited with Him. I believe His son Jesus Christ paid the ultimate price to guarantee that possibility. I'm grateful for the love they have for me. And I'm grateful for my membership in a church that supports me as an imperfect person while helping me strive to achieve my divine potential one day.

0 comments:
Post a Comment