Barely a week until A Blogtastic Extravaganza...time to whet your appetite with a deeper look at my giveaway sponsors...
Petticoat Cachet and The Forking Queen
My sister Brooke has been designing and creating modern silverware jewelry for nearly 10 years. She will tell you that she got her start one night after bitterly losing a game of Scrabble to our mother (who has no problem gloating over that sort of thing). In a moment of revenge, Brooke grabbed the family meat fork, bent it around her wrist, and wore it defiantly for everyone to see. Innumerable compliments later an artistic business was born.

Over the years Brooke has developed a unique ability to look at a piece of flatware and mold it into exactly what it wants to be. She never starts with a pattern and is pretty sure she's never created two pieces the same. It's easy to believe that when you learn that she bends, twirls, curves, and rounds almost all of her pieces with just the strength of her hands and a common set of household pliers. To add icing to an already impressive feat, there are very few pieces she's found the need to heat before using. She loves to see the old men's faces when she finally convinces them she cold-bends everything.

Aside from simply being proud of my sister who has supported her family on an odd hobby, I LOVE working shows with her! From small high school craft shows, to double-booths at the Iowa State Fair, Brooke travels around the central part of the country and every once in awhile takes me with her. We eat terribly delicious food, laugh way too loud, and listen as new and repeat customer's rave about how excited they are to find jewelry that is so uniquely bold and wearable.
I hope you love Brooke's jewelry! She gets bored quickly and is ALWAYS working on completely new designs. Check out her
Etsy Page to see what she's working on lately...
And, for an extra early entry to next week's giveaway from Petticoat Cachet, come back here to leave a comment on your favorite item she currently has listed!
7 comments:
Uhm... I could not possibly pick a favorite. Right now I have my eye on about 3 different bent fork watches. I adore the 2 pendants that I own. I'm not very materialistic, but I swear they just make me feel good when I wear them. And I get tons of compliments!
I just love her watches made from forks. How talented!!!!
Of course you know I love her jewelry. I am need of a new 'bling' ring, I think.
How fun and creative! I like the watches and this bracelet listing # 78286103. So many different items.
Cheryl, good luck picking your new watch! Kathy, I had no idea you wore bling rings...of all my pieces, that's what I wear the most! And of course it's a ring Brooke hated so she cringes everytime I tell her.
I like them all! But a bracelet 78715053 would be fun to have. Maybe I'll see you at the State Fair!
Wow, that is really, really cool!! Thanks for doing our weekend hop again! I know I'm late coming around. It was almost midnight and I said, "Oh crud, I still haven't gone through the hop!". Yikes! LOL thanks for stopping by today too. Have a great week, Michelle!
Post a Comment