I have been trying for hours to come up with something interesting that starts with "K". All I can come up with are kitchens and kids. Or koalas. Kismet. And Kit-Kats. On a love/hate list my kids obviously go on the love side. Koalas and Kit-Kats somewhere in the middle neutral ground. My kitchen? In a heartbeat I would trade in my kitchen.
First let me say that we live in a rental so we have what we have and that's what stays. Size-wise, it's okay. There are a lot of cupboards and drawers for storage. The cupboards are painted gray, which seems like an odd kitchen color to me, but we've decorated in blacks and reds and I guess it's working. We have a decent amount of counter space, which is an improvement from places I've lived in the past. And, our stacked washer/dryer are in our kitchen and surprisingly I absolutely love that!
So what are the problems? Two I can think of. First, the cupboards are hung over the bar and require a person to bend over nearly parallel to the floor before speaking to the person on the other side-even when you're sitting. Second, we don't have a dishwasher. I used to feel spoiled complaining about not having a dishwasher, but not anymore. It's seriously a problem. Dirty dishes eliminate all that usable counter space and reality is that they just don't get done everyday. Plus, if you remember my statement on the proper order of hand washing the dishes, you know my marriage would be much better off with an automated machine doing my dish cleaning.
In the end, I love cooking, and so love being in my kitchen; even if I don't love the kitchen itself. I'll keep making do and dreaming of the day one of these kitchens is part of my home.


1 comments:
I have kitchen envy all the time too, sigh.
Post a Comment