rss

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Thankful Thirty #10 (1st-World Problems)

Source: laurawinslowphotography.com via Michelle on Pinterest
For my birthday a few months ago, my husband told me he was going to be buying me a new tablet. We did the research and decided to get on the waiting list for the new NookHD, which should be coming out in the next few days.  It's a very spendy gift, and he knew back then that I'd try to talk him out of it a dozen times before I actually have it in my hands (even though I bought him an equally spendy ski pass for the birthday he just celebrated).  I haven't disappointed him in that.  

The problem now is that I've come up with a different item that I can see being MUCH more useful.  I need a new good quality camera.  There is no way on this planet we can afford one that would be much different than the one I have now, but it is on it's last leg (if I use the zoom my pictures turn into a weird retro film-look with yellow stripes through all the faces).  And I don't want to tell my husband because I have a terrible habit of ruining every sweet idea he has for me.  I know that I/we would end up loving to have an e-reader/tablet, but the practical side of me sees that a camera would be a much wiser choice.  My stomach is in knots as I see the Nook release date looming closer and closer and knowing that the money is going to be spent and gone on an entertainment piece solely for me.

Terrible problem to have, right?  Deciding between too equally frivolous items because my husband loves me enough to give me whatever I want.  And yet, I'm not feeling apologetic.  I am slowly learning that sometimes I have to let things be about me.  If only that would make my decision easier....

I am grateful that for a brief moment in our family finances, 
we can afford to have such a 1st-world problem.

0 comments: