rss

Friday, November 9, 2012

Thankful Thirty #9 (Parenting)

Source: pinstagram.co via Michelle on Pinterest
I chose this picture today for three reasons...

  1. It made me think of the drawings plastered across my refrigerator door, my office space, and my children's bedroom walls.  My boys are ALWAYS coloring, cutting, and pasting.  I love watching them cultivate their creativity.
  2. She (the bunny) looks like she's been through the wringer, or a war-zone, or my house today.  My 5-year-old NEVER runs out of energy and if his mouth is running, then he is running.  Literally.  He does almost all his thinking out loud.  And while he's telling himself whatever it is he's thinking, he's running laps through our living room, dining room, kitchen, and back again.  All day long today.  He was telling me the Cars 3 movie that was playing in his room with his Lego guys as the main characters.  Believe me when I say it could be the next Disney feature-length film, both in content and length.  At the end of the day, my head is SPINNING!
  3. The most important things are not always the easiest to remember when I'm having a bad day.  Sometimes it takes all I've got to remember what's really important when it comes to that little guy. He's going to grow up one day and I have no doubt I'll be so incredibly proud of him then.  But I have the chance right now to marvel at the imagination that will catapult him to who he's going to become.  I need to remember that instead of letting it annoy me.
With tears on my cheeks, I'm grateful for 
that little 5-year-old boy
 who loves life so much he can't help sharing it with me.

3 comments:

Meghan Carver said...

He sounds like a real pistol! You're doing a great job.

Savannah @ HammockTracks said...

I can so relate. My 3rd child is such a handful. I often tell my husband that when I get him schooled and raised I want a trophy. And I mean a big one...
Thanks for sharing on HammockTracks.

Allison said...

Sounds like my 4-year-old daughter! Although, all three of kids are quiet crazy...most of the time. I keep thinking "this too shall pass." Sometimes I wish I could skip ahead a few years, but everyone says I'll miss this age when they're older. I just don't believe them.

Allison Lewis
allibird1 at aol dot com