I can't remember the last time my house was so quiet. I can't remember the last time I've gone an entire day without yelling. It was fun to watch our 2-year-old playing what he wanted to play for as long as he wanted to play it. It was nice to read a book while feeding the babies instead of squeezing bottles into my role as referee. And it was really nice to be showered in hugs and help when the ski day was through.
Another day like this might not come again for quite some time, but that's okay. It's not one I plan on forgetting any time soon.
I'm grateful for an uplifting change in routine.

2 comments:
Glad you got a bit of a break, even though it wasn't a break all to yourself.
Sounds like a wonderful day! Isn't it amazing how having just one child gone can make such a difference? I love those special times, and I'm thankful for the times that my kids get to have one-on-one time with their dad, too.
Post a Comment