There were days it took all I had to pour cold cereal and turn on the television for Beck and Peyton before falling back into bed for the rest of the day. It was on those days that I knew this was it for me. Three babies was going to have to be what made up our family. Doubled over and in tears I plead with the Lord to give me the strength and willpower to make it through my delivery and then apologized to my husband that this was going to have to be our last child. Enduring another pregnancy was just not going to happen for me.
At the same time my husband was secretly pleading with the Lord to take this burden from me. He was feeling guilty for the role he played in bringing this weakness upon me, and he was begging to be able to endure it for me. As blessed as he knew we are to bring newborn spirits into our family, he admitted to God that he never wanted to see me feeling this way again.
We both knew this would be the completing of our family.
And here brings in the focus of my gratitude today: The Lord knew too. He heard our prayers and listened to our pleas. He didn't chastise us for reacting in such a temporal moment, but wrapped his arms around our arms and answered back,
"I believe you and I understand what you are going through.
I am near you and I will continue to be right here with you."
The Lord knew our hearts and recognized what he had asked of me. Yet He also knew he had a plan for our family and it included more than just one more being. He accepted my terms of defeat and did what he could to do to make sure His plan for us was complete. If I, with my earthly mind and suffering, had decided to not be pregnant ever again, He sent the spirits He had left for us into the world together.
I do not know what our future holds. There may be a day yet when we decide we do need to grow our family. What I do know is that in the moment when I needed the Lord to accept all I had left to give to Him, he kept in mind His plan for me.
I am grateful for a Heavenly Father
so personally familiar with me and with His plan for me.
so personally familiar with me and with His plan for me.

3 comments:
Oh me too! So grateful that He hears and answers our pleas. Great Post!
I'm thankful for that as well!
Thank you for sharing your heart and for linking up - please don't forget to link back. The post link-up is below :)
http://davonneparks.com/30-days-to-give-thanks-day-five-generosity/
God bless you!
We serve an awesome God! I am so thankful that God gives us only what is best, and that He loves us through each step of difficulty.
Post a Comment