rss

Monday, November 12, 2012

Thankful Thirty #12 (Technology)


What did we do without modern technology?   I have grown so much closer to my sisters and other members of my family since joining Facebook 4 years ago than I ever was before.  I wonder how we ever knew anything about each other's lives before?  The truth is, we didn't.  And so, while I know that as with anything, it's only good in moderation, I'm glad for the connections that technology brings me.
Hopping over to the Facebook tab at the top of my computer screen right now, I'm finding out  the following things:


*the 60th grandchild is on the way in my husband's family
* two of my sisters are motivating each other to exercise while on vacation together
*My parents are going on a mission trip to Texas after the holidays
*My nieces had the cutest Halloween costumes in their entire town for trick-or-treating
*My in-laws are living my dream traveling with their kids in Cambodia

All that without making any effort to search or call or ask around.  Have you had the same experience with modern technology?  How do you keep in touch with your family?

I'm grateful for the ability to keep in touch even from far away.

1 comments:

Sonja said...

Isn't it strange how technology can tear some people apart but bring others closer together? Glad the latter worked out for you.