Kathy, in her own words:
Was the Curly Hair Challenge worth it? Yes! There are definite drawbacks. The main one being that it really requires me to wash my hair every day, which does not always work for this SAHM. The advantages far outweigh the inconvenience, however. I cannot remember another time in my life when my hair has been so predictable. I know that there is going to be little frizz and the curls are going to lay nicely. From this point forward, I plan to continue using only conditioner until the time comes when it stops working.
Kathy's hair has always been more dry than mine, but also always had a tighter curl. The challenge seemed to be working for her right from the beginning and the extremes (oiliness, itchiness, etc) never seemed quite as extreme on her head as they did on mine. Her results have been great and I know she's hoping the results are as good next summer when the curly-hair nightmare, humidity, returns.
And now me:
For me, the proof is in the pudding-look at the difference in those photos! (Okay, obviously the lighting was completely different, I'd love to have the second hair color!) I've mentioned in previous posts that my hair is so much softer than it's ever been before and I get caught off guard sometimes because the curls literally bounce while I'm walking. The greasiness in the beginning was pretty disgusting and the itchiness after that almost drove me crazy, but the last three weeks have been a constant improvement and I'm so glad I stuck with it.
Kathy's definitely sticking with the new routine in it's true form. I think I'll be striking out to find a great modified balance.
- I am going back to a shampoo, but have 100% switched to an all-natural product. My scalp is definitely in need of a good deep cleansing. However, I'm not going to shampoo all the time. Only occasionally to let my scalp breathe.
- Originally I thought I'd cut the deep conditioning back to only on occasion, but Kathy tried it and noticed a HUGE difference in dryness after just the first time. That's all I needed to hear-I'm sticking with the deep conditioning.
- I haven't fallen in love with the gel yet. I have it and will keep using it until it's gone, but the next step for me is to try a couple different styling products and see if I can get the same results I get with gel.
Is the 6-week Curly Hair Challenge worth a try? ABSOLUTELY!! Kathy and I both have the curliest, most defined, least frizzy hair we've had since we were kids. The last thing I'll rave about is the volume at my roots! The hair framing my forehead has been lifeless and thin for years. Now, my roots are just as curly and full of life as the rest of my locks. I'M LOVING IT!!!
And now, for the winner, of the Hair Challenge Giveaway...
Congratulations, JoAnn!
Winner has been notified and responded.
Winner chosen by Random.org



2 comments:
MIchelle I LOVE your new hair!!!!!
Your curls look great! I've always wondered if I did the conditioner washes if my waves would get curlier., but I don't think I could stand not brushing my hair!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Post a Comment