rss

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Uniquely December: Go Caroling Day

Did you grow up in a family that went Christmas caroling?  Every year our Camp Fire groups would climb on a haywagon and sing our way through the streets of our little town.  Sometimes we would walk the halls of the local nursing home as well.  Although I grew up in a family that loved to sing, I only remember us caroling as a family one time.  I'm sure I enjoyed it, but I only specifically remember one house where we sang.  It was my mom's friend, a single lady who's children were grown, and while I'm sure she loved it, the longer we sang the sillier I felt.  I just wanted to get out of there.

I wanted to find a cheerful uplifting video of Christmas carolers to share with you today.  Instead what I found was an Internet FULL of amateur videos conveying everything that I remember being painful in my own caroling life (freezing cold, people looking at you bored and confused).  So, sorry.  No classic caroling videos.  

With my search at a dead end, I decided to share the two videos that amazed me and made me smile.  I hope you enjoy!
3 songs, each one better than the last


It'll get addictive...


Do you have plans this week for Christmas caroling?

0 comments: